Dec 17, 2005

LET THERE BE SARCASM

Welcome to My Blog.
Here at YOU KNOW WHAT BOTHERS ME, I will discuss those everyday occurances which make you want to rip your hair out, or, if you're like me, someone else's. The posts will be made daily, or in actuality, as often as I feel like and will consist of several categories. Today's categories are:
1) Top 5 (would be 10 but that'd just make me seem hard to please) Things That Bother Me Today - If you need this category explained to you, odds are you're probably going to be covered in it at some point, and this blog isn't for you.
2) Who I like Today and I Don't Mean Kiera Knightley - In this section I will discuss the people who have recently impressed me. Please be aware, the name at the end of the category will often change and it is up to you, the reader, to decide whether or not I am being sarcastic, if you can't do this, see the explanation to category #1.
3) They Made Some Bad Mistakes - This category is dedicated my personal pet peeve, well, one of them, REDUNDANCY. Every post in this section will include a comment by someone who it would seem doesn't understand all of the words they use. Note, if you see your name attached to one of these comments odds are you need some help and, well, see the explanation to comments 1 and 2.

Top 5 (would be 10 but that'd just make me seem hard to please) Things That Bother Me Today
#1 - Old Person Smell - Exactly how is it that all old people smell the same? It's like a combination of cheap perfume, Ben-Gay and urine, it's like you can exactually smell them decomposing. Is there some fragrance that comes cheap with an AARP card? Decomposition by Chanel, tak about an (prepare for a bad pun) EWWW de toilette
#2 - People Who Stare - This isn't so much for those of us who while spacing out end up accidentally staring at someone. No, this for for those psychos out there who after getting caught staring continue to do so, eye contact notwithstanding. You people, really bother me.
#3 - People Who Change Conversation Topics Without Warning - It's pretty easy to hold a convesation. There aren't too many rules and they shouldn't be too hard to follow, but I think the one thing we can all agree on is that you can't simply start talking about something completely unrelated to the present conversation without at least announcing you're changing the subject, is that really asking too much?
#4 - Small Talk - Do I really need to say more? Think of it this way, if you're asking a question that you find annoying to answer when asked to you, YOU'RE BOTHERING ME!
#5 - Messy babies - I understand as a person without, well, a baby, that this isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to prevent, but c'mon people make an effort, your kids face shouldn't resemble a reject from Jackson Pollock's early experiments with food as paint.

Who I like Today and I Don't Mean Kiera Knightley
- Peter Jackson
King Kong may well have made the best movie I've seen in 10 years. I know he's kind of scruffy and hairy in a "you mean back hair isn't sexy?" kind of way, but give the man his due, even if 30% of his lunch can be located in his beard.

They Made Some Bad Mistakes:
"You know why lower crime is good, because it makes it safer" - Anonymous - due to mitigating circumstances the speaker of said statement shall be excused from embarrassment, public embarassment that is, the private shame you feel is probably going to haunt you forever. Cheers.

In Memoriam - To John Spencer (Leo McGarry) dead at 58 of a heart attack.
In a moment of rare seriousness, I'd like us all to take a minute (or however long this takes to type) and mourn the passing of a great character (perhaps person as well, but I don't know, nor do I really care about that) Leo McGarry on the West Wing. You got the fuzzy end of that lollipop my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment